The key to eating raw while working a 9-5 job is PLANNING. Let’s face it, working 9-5 can be hard at times, yet we often don’t know how to do BOTH: eat raw and work a full-time job. For many people, the answer is to switch professions so that they have more flexible hours. However, my first time as a raw vegan taught me that not only can you eat raw vegan while working 14 hours a day (I had two jobs), but you could excel at it!
The truth is that it all came down to planning. I would wake up at 4am, prepare my raw food and get dressed, and leave the house at 6am. I would return home at 9:30pm and go straight to bed, so that I could do it all over again. I didn’t have much stress because I didn’t think about work or my raw diet too much. I just created a plan, made alternations when I needed to, and then I did it. This was a HUGE life lesson for me because it taught me that it was possible. And even now, when I struggle with my 9-5 job and my raw diet, I am reminded that I was able to manage it before…so most likely, I am able to do it again!
And don’t forget to be creative in your planning! For example, last weekend I decided to prepare raw chocolate ice cream to take with me to work. The recipe was simple. Take 2 bananas, 1 heaping tablespoon of raw cacao powder, and 1/2 tsp of vanilla, and process in a food processor or high speed blender. Now, that’s only for 1 serving (about a cup). To make enough for the week, I multiplied the recipe by five. When I was done, I scooped the ice cream into the 8oz. mason jars (left 1/2 inch of room at the top), and then put them in the freezer. I brought all of the jars with me on Monday and stored them in the freezer at work. Now I have a cheap, delicious treat for those long afternoons at work. And think about it, for the price of one raw chocolate bar, I have raw chocolate ice cream for the whole week! Yum!
GO RAW THIS SUMMER!
RAW Boot Camp Starts on June 30, 2013!
$50 Enrollment ends after June 20th!
In this Boot Camp, you will learn:
- To improve the WAY YOU SHOP for food!
- The Art of RAW menu planning and shopping lists!
- How to get in the mind-set of buying only what you need!
- How to grow a money-saving, successful Garden this SUMMER!
- How to STORE and PREPARE raw food in ways that save you money!
- How to CREATE and SUSTAIN a Budget!
- How to make your budget work for YOU!
- How to get the LIFE YOU WANT from your budget!
- The TRUE Price Tag of Overeating! The Art of Conscious Eating!
You will RECEIVE:
- A COLOR paperback or e-book copy of the 192-page Boot Camp Workbook! The workbook contains affirmations, articles, and activities for each day; food and exercise logs; food expense tracking log; journaling space; an Early-Start program (where you can start 10 days before Boot Camp); and lots of motivating pictures! View a sample of the workbook.
- Access to all 3 of my ebooks: Raw Foods on a Budget, Confessions of an East Coast Raw Vegan, and Raw Food in Real Families
Over 500 pages of Raw Content and Recipes!
- A 28-Day intensive program curriculum
- Daily Emails!
- Weekly Conference Calls
- Special event recordings with Brandi Rollins and other Raw Food experts to discuss menu planning, transitioning to raw foods, and raising children on raw
- A winter-loving menu plan and shopping list for each week
- Access to the community forum for daily support!
- Small group support meetings every week for the first 2 weeks
- Access to future 28-Day Raw Foods on a Budget programs for 1 year!!! That’s access to at least six 28-Day program sessions for one low price!
The Next Session Starts June 30, 2013!
Early-bird pricing ends June 20th!